Monday, 3 June 2013

3 Is The Magic Number

70s faux patchwork dress (£5.50, eBay)

Flaming June! Where did May go? Well, we've been on holiday and JB1 turned 3 last week, at least. He's also now out of nappies during the day, which is a big step to making life a bit easier.

These sorts of tractors are pretty expensive brand new, but I picked this one up via eBay for about half price. Luckily he's young enough not to care that it's pre-loved, and I hope both boys recognise the benefits of second-hand as they get older.

I'm feeling better on a day-to-day basis, but I'm still struggling with a general feeling of not being able to move forward at the moment. Now seems like a good time to look into re-training as I know I'll need to go back to work in a couple of years when the boys are both at school, but no idea what I could do.

I also did a vintage fair at the weekend. Can't say it was a roaring success, but I covered my costs and made a tiny profit, so not a complete waste. Part of the problem was lack of footfall as most of the uni students have left for the summer and they make up a large amount of this fair's customers. I also wondered about putting my prices up a bit for the next fair, if I do it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to catch up with you all shortly, please bear with me!






9 comments:

Liz said...

Love the dress!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I've missed you lovely ... happy birthday to the wee fella and I always say happy birthday to mama too because you worked very hard to introduce him to the world on his special day:). Happy birthday mama!!! You look utterly divooooooooooon in your patchwork maxi - one pic is simply not enough ... I need more, more, more pics of that treasure to feast my eyes on! Your lads won't be bothered about second-hand anything as you're bringing them up with the right attitude to material goods. I tell my kids they're saving the lives of other children and creating less pollution and landfill by going treasure hunting. Because that's what it is right? I feel your struggles, I really do ... my GP changed my meds 2 weeks ago - not sure if they're working yet, probably not, they usually take a few weeks. CBT next. Big warm hugs to you darling woman. xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Vix said...

I love that dress! What a great find.
Happy birthday to JB1 - he's the image of you.
What a shame the fair wasn't very busy. I had no idea the students had broken up already. It certainly didn't affect trade at either of ours.
Feel better soon! xxx

pastcaring said...

Hey Liz, how nice to see you! I was only thinking about you at the weekend, cos I was wearing one of the dresses you gave me (have a look, it's on the blog) and wondering how things were going for you.
Ah, I KNOW your struggles with deciding where you want to go in life, and how to get there... If you discover any answers, let me know! But you know, your kids are still really little, so unless there is a financial imperative, don't put yourself under undue pressure.
Happy birthday to your Biggest Boy - isn't getting through the dreaded potty training a relief?!
And lastly - that's a cracking dress, really beautiful! xxxxx

BusyLizzie said...

Fabtastic dress. Lovely to read about your boys. Not seen you anywhere in ages! Lizzie x

Helga! said...

FABULARSE frock!!!
Crikey, 3?! Doesn't time bloody fly by?! You look quite relaxed and well rested, just enjoy and smile,baby! XXX

Melanie said...

What a lovely dress and happy birthday to your little one xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Yay for eBay! I got loads of bits for presents second hand for the boys especially when they were smaller - it would be silly not to. Great dress x

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh I LOVE that fab maxi - a faux patchwork print is ALWAYS YES!

Sarah xxx