Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Come On Spring

 Handmade 70s maxi dress (ebay), boots £10 (ebay), bangles (boot sales, Nomads sale)
It's been a while! I've been lurking and checking out what you've all been up to over the last month, but decided to have a break from blogging myself. I'm feeling a lot better now that Spring has finally arrived and I'm on the way to starting CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) as a first stab at learning to cope better when things get tough. A bit more sleep wouldn't go amiss, but with JB1 having turned into a bit of an early bird recently, that doesn't look too promising!

I've also started taking ballet classes again. I've always loved ballet but didn't have the opportunity to do it until I was about 18, when I did and adult beginners class for about a year. With practice, there's a chance I might even be able to start pointe work next year.

Can't believe that it's nearly the end of April - feels more like late March in the garden.

Primroses and Forget-Me-Nots. The garden is filled with them in spring.

Raspberry canes

Chiondoxa

 The first tulip

 Hyacinths

Daffodils ('daffofull' according to JB1)

8 comments:

Krista Gassib said...

Loving this frock, suiting to celebrate Spring and your return! I hope the sun brings back your smile.
XXOO

pastcaring said...

Hey Liz, good to see you! I hope the brighter weather, the CBT, and the ballet classes all help to lift your mood, I'm sure they will. Your garden is looking lovely and so are you - that frock is such a pretty colour and print. xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

All of the flowers are lovely and I see your dress is in bloom too.
You must be having fab weather!

Helga! said...

Here she is!
Looking decidedly Springlike in that fabularse frock, darl. Glad to hear you are perking up! XXX

Ivy Black said...

Beautiful frock and isn't it wonderful to see the sunshine at last.xxxx

Vix said...

Gorgeous frock and updo! Lovely to see you back and some sunshine. xxx

Melanie said...

What a pretty dress!
I hope the CBT goes well, and the ballet too. I always wanted to do ballet as a little thing but the idea was swiftly dismissed.
Isn't it lovely to see the spring flowers, we have daffodils and primroses just outside and I love peeking out to look at them xxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

that really is a beautiful dress, really gorgeous colours. Your garden is a joy, that must really help your mood. CBT is tough but great, any dancing is fantastic for the brain too! Don't take on too much though