Sunday, 10 March 2013

Caveat Emptor


70s zip St Michael top (about £5, ebay), 70s 'Them' flares (£5.09, ebay), Clarks boots (£2, CLIC Sargeant shop), plastic flower bracelet (boot sale, 50p), earrings (gift from Helga)

Thanks for your comments on my last post, it means a lot to me. I can share some happier things with you today - yesterday I went to a huge jumble sale and came back with a few things. I'm sure I'd picked out a couple more things than I paid for - I reckon either someone else nabbed them from my pile or the volunteers did! 

 From top right: Nomads silk wrap skirt, Edwardian-style theatre costume, 70s? sheer nightie/dress, 80s St Michael cord jacket, 60s cotton dress, 60s/70s pinafore dress (maybe maternity wear), 60s white slip. 20p each.

60s repro hat 20p, children's books 10p each, Chance glass dish 20p. Not that I really need anymore glass or crockery, but for 20p I couldn't leave it. Mr R&B's grandad has a few of these glass plates, which I've always liked.

I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the Tatty Ratty book - JB1 has read a couple of Helen Cooper's other books and had really wanted this one. Maybe there's some truth in this cosmic ordering thing?! 
There was also an auction (though I didn't bid). I think somebody must have regretted their bid, because I saw a greasy looking bloke kicking off and asking for his fiver back. Some people take the piddle, especially as this was for charity. I'm not sure you'd get your money back at Christie's?!

6 comments:

thorne garnet said...

awesome hat. Your pant leave me speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in a good way)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Wow those are some serious flares! Love the colour. You did pretty well at the jumble, pilfering from your pile or not. x

Vix said...

We often get the reverse and come back with stuff neither of us wouldn't have bought in our wildest dreams - recently it was a Wolverhampton Wanderers top!
Love those flares and the purple maxi and red mini are stunning! That Nomads skirt is lovely, too and what luck to find that book! xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

OK I'm screaming in my head with ultimate happiness at the sight of your utterly, utterly perfect pink FLARES!!!!!! The 70s top is incredible ... I tell you I'm giddy with excitement at your treasures - more please!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

pastcaring said...

Amazing flares! Our jumble sale was great but there is NEVER anything vintage, I just pick up stuff for the kids usually! Love the silk skirt and the 60s dress. xxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

There's always dodgy greasy types at jumbled, one particular one annoys me a lot. I love all the fabulous bargains you picked out... The theatre costume is rather amazing. Lurve your flares too!