Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Sound as a Pound

Just a quick trip to a nearby town this morning to visit Poundland and a couple of charity shops. Purchases were bits for the boys and 2 new to me CDs for my 90s Indie collection. Here's what I wore:


 St Michael 60s mini dress (Thames HospiceCare), Rocky Road waistcoat (ebay), Leggings (made by me), boots (Evans, 6 years ago), 70s/80s PVC bag (ebay), bangles (car boot, retail, P.A.W.S), earrings (Claire's accessories sale), faux agate ring (Dorothy Perkins, via ebay)

 Close up jewellery action!

Close up of the print on my leggings. 

I made the pattern myself from this tutorial. One of the calculations is the wrong way round, but I soon worked it out. It's pretty easy to do and I've just bought some more fabric to make more. Learn how to make your own leggings and you'll never be restricted to boring shop bought leggings again! Unless you can run to Black Milk's offerings, but I certainly can't (loving the Middle Earth collection though)!

Linking to Ta-Dah Tuesday!

13 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Home made leggings? Colour me impressed! I love Black Milk but have heart attacks over the price, especially when you factor in customs and all that. What CDs did you get?
x

thorne garnet said...

Wow what a happy bunch of color to wear! That'll show winter!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

What fun tights! You have inspired me to sew some for myself. I love the mini dress and the bag too. You are looking very fun. It's my first visit here via Ta Da! Tuesday. Must have meself a look around.

Sue xo

Misfits Vintage said...

Gorgeous (I think!) any chance of larger pics for us old four eyes?!

Sarah xxx

two squirrels said...

Oh those leggings are amazing. Fabulous.
Love V

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Good God. You. Made. Your. Own. Leggings. That's seriously impressive and they look amazing. You clever woman you. xx

Frocktasia said...

Fab outfit & awesome print on your leggings.
I used to make a lot of my own leggings a few years back and you are right they are pretty easy to knock up and opens a door for those who cannot afford to be Black Milk sharkies. Got to hand it to the dude behind Black Milk though, he's done ever so well in getting his company from 'a one man and his machine' cottage industry to the massive outfit that it is today...products that catch peoples imagination, teamed with a canny use social media has really paid off for him...xXx

Vix said...

I had a go at making some a few years back, they weren't bad but nowhere near as brilliant as yours.
What a fab outfit that sweet mini and the riot of clashing patterns and junk jewellery.
xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Hooray for a leggings tutorial!!!! I absolutely LOVE yours and oh my, from top to toe, I'm loving absolutely EVERYTHING you're wearing!!!!!!! I just want to give you a giant hug!!! xoxo

pastcaring said...

You look great, Liz, you are rocking the mini and your fabulous homemade leggings! Are Black Milk leggings really pricey? I'll have to google them. I'm not that much of a leggings aficionado so I don't know about these things (all mine have come from jumble sakes or Ebay!)
Loving the jewellery and bag too. xxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Wow!!! Those are amazing leggings!! I really like them. You should go into business!

Misfits Vintage said...

YAY for larger pic! You look GORGEOUS.

Sarah xxx

Ivy Black said...

Oh wow, they are fab. Gorgeous pattern. Love 'em.
xxx