Saturday, 19 January 2013

Snow-o!


You know how snow sort of captures and magnifies any available light? When I woke up yesterday morning (before dawn), I knew it had snowed just by the way the streetlights were reflecting through the obscured glass at the top of the stairs. Okay that and the weather forecast, but I never completely trust snow predictions as I've seen snow less than a dozen times in my life. Ironically, it's snowed here every winter since I was pregnant with JB1 (that's four winters and counting). We had around 4 inches in Bristol. JB1 and I went out and built the compulsory snowman and filled up his beach bucket, but he got bored after half an hour and came in for hot chocolate and an apple (odd combination, but that's toddlers for you!).
I seem to have taken virtually the same 'snowy garden' picture for the last few years!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So pretty! x

pastcaring said...

The snow was beautifully sparkly under the street lights last night, it looked so pretty. The kids have been sledging in the park, having snowball fights with their mates, and generally are loving it. Nice to see your snowy garden, Liz! xxxxx

two squirrels said...

Oh Winter is so worth it when you get snow!!!!! Just beautiful!!!!!
Apples and hot chocolate the perfect munchies after making a snowman.
Love V

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Save those pics lovely, coz as you say, you can never really predict snow in the UK and the lads will love looking back at the photos of it from when they were little:). I can imagine the beautiful light the snow throws in the dark - exquisite. xoxo