Tuesday, 4 December 2012

It's Not the Oscars...


Hello all! The house still looks like a hurricane has been through it and I felt like I was on a different planet on Thursday and Friday, but I'm feeling a lot more positive at the moment. A bit of time in the sewing room has helped enormously (but also served to remind me of the huge pile of mending/altering I have up there!).

I've been tagged and awarded the Liebster Award by Melanie of The Folly Bird (check out her blog for lots of dressing up and frolics). I'm delighted as I don't usually get tagged for awards!


The 'Rules'
write eleven things about yourself
- answer eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you
- write eleven questions of your own for eleven nominees of your own
- All nominees should have less than 200 followers

1. The fact is I can't ride a bike. I've tried and tried, but I just can't. 
2. I've moved house 11 times in my life.
3. Though I'm scared of flying on a plane, the idea of trying hang-gliding fascinates me.
4. I thought Dirty Dancing was one of the dullest films I've ever seen. Maybe I missed something?
5. I've never read Dickens. Just can't be bothered!
6. I seriously dislike cinnamon. Cinnamon in apple pies in particular is just plain wrong!
7. One day I would love to own a farm and preserve rare breeds of animals.
8. I'm messy, disorganised and nearly always late for everything - and I really wish I could change!
9. I have a Twitter account, but I've failed to be bitten by the bug.
10. I can recite 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and 'Each Peach Pear Plum' (amoung others) from memory because I've read them to JB1 so often! 
11. I've recently discovered a love for 70s British sitcoms (thanks in part to ITV3) - some were awful, but most were genuinely funny an didn't rely on swearing for laughs. Where did it all go wrong?!
 
Melanies' Eleven Questions ..

1. What would your ideal fancy dress costume be?
 Anything that fits! I've always quite fancied Cleopatra though.

2.  Who is your favourite Bond?
Daniel Craig, sorry if that's too predictable! I just find him the most 'real' Bond - the others are way too cheesy, although the young Sean Connery has a certain something.

3. What is your earliest memory?
Being late for school aged about 5 because I was listening to ABBA records. 

4. What is the most exotic place you have ever visited?
Depends what you class as exotic, but the furthest I've been is Venice, Italy.

5. Who was your first crush?
This is very sad, but it was a children's TV presenter called Simon Parkin. I'm embarrased that I can remember.
6. What is your favourite film?
I guess I would say Labyrinth, but The Dark Crystal is a pretty close second.

7. Can you play a musical instrument and if not would you like to and what would it be?
Yes, I used to play the flute (badly) at school and I sang, so I suppose you could kind of count that too. I'd love to get back into it when I have time.

8. What is your favourite scent? Not perfume, just smell?
I suppose it's a non-smell really, but I love the really pure, fresh air smell that you only get in very unspoilt places.

9. Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one?
I don't belive in the white sheets and chains variety, but I do believe in spirits and that certain places can hold onto strong feelings and emotions. I wouldn't say I've truly seen a 'ghost', but I've had the odd flash of something at the corner of my eye and have lived in a house where we used to get feelings that we weren't alone at times.

10. What did you want to be when you grew up and did you fulfill that dream?
Although I don't have a career as such, I suppose I have ended up doing something I always wanted to. My parents always said I would never be happy in a conventional 9-5 job, but now I have a 24/7 one! My dream is still to work for myself as a designer/maker, but I feel it will happen soon.

11. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Having children.

 My Questions..
1. What's in your handbag (purse) right now?
2. Did you do any sports at school and do you still play them?
3. You can invite 3 guests, living or dead, to a dinner party. Who would you invite and why? (don't have to be famous)
4. What's your favourite room in your home and why?
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Would you go on a commercial space flight, disregarding the cost?
7. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why?
8. What's on your record/CD/MP3 player right now?
9. You're offered three wishes, what would they be? (and world peace doesn't count)
10. Do you have a favourite family Christmas tradition?
11. Did you have a favourite comfort object/toy as a child and what was it?
   
I nominate:
 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you for joining in! I always like learning new things about people.
I too have a love of seventies sitcoms, they're my absolute favourite, the fashions alone make them worth having a peek!
Labyrinth is one of my favourite films too, I have seen it far too many times.
xx

Vix said...

I love reading these, such a nice little nosey diversion. I'm with you on Daniel Craig and the pointlessness of Twitter! x

Perdita said...

Love your questions - all very interesting. :)

pastcaring said...

I used to know Each Peach Pear Plum off by heart too!
Cleopatra would be a great costume, and though I can't agree about cinnamon or Dirty Dancing, I don't get Twitter either, and having kids is indeed a roller coaster ride of an adventure!
Thanks for tagging me, I am notoriously lazy at doing these award thingies but thank you for including me anyway! xxx

carrievintage said...

lovely blog, I'm a new reader-follower now :)

Helga! said...

Yeaaaaah, I love to learn new things about people!
I've never read Dicken's either!!!
XXX

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Very cute and cheerful blog! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/