Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Stripy

For this week's Ta-Dah Tuesday, a couple of finished items for the Junior Birds:


The romper suit for JB2 was a nightmare - using woven bias binding for facings on stretchy fabric is nigh on impossible, despite what the instructions said. Next time I will trust my instincts and do it my own way. The no-sew poppers on the legs are great though, I think they look a lot more professional. Oh, and it took me so long to make, it's actually a bit small! I knitted the pieces for JB1's jumper some time ago, but I hate sewing up knitting so it's taken me a while to get round to it. With the help of some YouTube technique videos, I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago. The pattern was published about 4 years ago, despite being in a knitting magazine this spring, and the main blue colour of cotton yarn was discontinued about 2 years ago. Luckily I found some on ebay!

6 comments:

Vix said...

Awwww! They both look so sweet (and well-dressed!) JB1 is the image of his mummy! xxx

pastcaring said...

Well done, Liz! Two wonderful makes for two gorgeous boys! I am impressed with your creative skills, both in terms of your sewing/knitting, and because you produce such cute offspring! xxxxx

edie pop said...

I love your ta-dah Tuesday, you did such a wonderful job and your kids seem very happy to wear your creations! How I'd love to be able to knit such a great jumper! The romper suit is very lovely too!
xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

You're so clever!! What cutie patooties they are :) Sarah xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh wow, well done you, they both look super cute and you've done an amazingly professional job, they could have been kitted out by Boden!
x

Ivy Black said...

What a pair of sweeties! Ta-dah indeed, you've done a fab job.
xxx