Saturday, 22 September 2012

On Reflection

Looking at the history of my blog, I can see that I post very infrequently which is annoying to me as I'd love to do more with it. I know that some of you will tell me to take it easy - blogging shouldn't be an obligation or a chore, but something you do for the fun of it (unless it's work-related of course). With this in mind, I'd like to invite you, dear readers, to make some suggestions for things you'd be interested in seeing here. Keep it clean(ish)! I'd also love to know how you fit blogging into your life, especially if you have children.
It goes without saying that more pictures are required and I should definitely comment more on other people's blogs, but it's hard to come up with something other than 'great dress/shoes' type comments, nice as they are. All of you that I follow look fab anyway, damn you ;-).
I also have lots of thoughts that I could use that don't necessarily lend themselves to a full post straightaway, so now I'm keeping a notebook of ideas for future use.

In some ways, it's a scary thing to put yourself out there as the Internet can be an excuse for people to say things they'd never dream of in 'real- life'. Luckily my experience so far has only been good ( though I know some of you have had problems) and I've 'met' some lovely and interesting people through blogging that I would never have come across in real life. I've always been a bit nervous about the idea of meeting up with other bloggers as I feel like I wouldn't measure up (and if you're thinking 'just get over yourself', I would be too), but I'm just going to throw it out there and say I would love to meet up with any of you that are up for it. Though I can't offer you any gems like Vix's fabled Second to None, we could always go on a voyage of discovery together!

7 comments:

Helga! said...

Ha,well,I expect you have your hands well and truly full most days!!
I for one would indeed love to see more of you and your fabulous frockage and great chazza shop scores (like last post!Squee!)when you can manage it!Another thing I would love is if you could have comments as a pop up box, cos I often forget what I wanted to comment on by the time I get to here!I like a pop up box so I can float it over the post as I blither!
I'd totally be into meeting you, as I love meeting new people...as evidenced...I'm a bit far away right now, but G and I are planning a UK adventure, so you better watch out!!!XXXXXXXXXX

pastcaring said...

I say don't fret about it, Liz, and do what you like and what you can. There are no blogging rules, and the people I follow and love dearly all have different styles, frequency of posting, content, etc. The common thread is that I just like them, because they seem kind, thoughtful, funny people and that comes across in their blogs. And that includes you!
I like your posts, I like seeing what you've found in the chazzas, what you've made, what you wear, your gorgeous boys, and just generally hearing what you've been up to. And photos are good. But it all takes time, and with 2 little boys, it's hard to carve out time to blog. It's SO much easier for me now that mine are at school!
As for meeting up with bloggers, it is a little anxiety-provoking but so worth the nerves! You don't have to live up to anything, we are all just people going about our everyday lives as best we can, aren't we? I'd love to meet you, wish I lived closer!
I reckon you just get back on the horse and let it happen. If you blog it, they will come - I'll be there anyway! xxxxxxx

Vix said...

I'm impressed you've got time to blog at all! What you do already is perfect, I like to see your finds, love to see you posting outfits and seeing how the kids are coming along, too.
Just be you, we love you the way you are.
Yes to a meet-up. A couple more vintage fairs and I'll have the funds to come a-visiting! xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

I agree with my three amigos above - I am amazed that you ever have time to blog at all!

In recent months I realised that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to post six times a week and that it was starting to feel like a dreadful chore - and I suspect that showed in the quality and tone of my posts. Now I just post whenever I feel inspired - maybe two or three times a week and I feel much happier, less stressed and I am loving it again!

I say just do whatever you feel inspired to do - you know we all adore you... I love outfit posts, real life stories and op shopped treasures and whatever you like to show us, really!

Oh - and I'm with Helga - pop up comments are much more user friendly!

Sarah xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I secretly feel exactly the same about meet-ups, even though I'd really like to. I am definitely aware that I don't post as much as other people, although my posts do tend to be text heavy when I get around to them. Hopefully they're worth reading even without pictures of me - I have a bit of an issue with my photograph.

It is hard with small children, mine are at school now which makes things easier, although now I feel that if I'm going to spend all day on the computer writing I should be making some money as I do so. That hasn't happened yet.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I'm gob-smacked that you manage to write an intelligible sentence what with having two wee tinies!! When The Stylist was a baby, I had #3 Son in nappies too, #2 Son in Year 1 and #1 Son in his first year of high school. I joined a parenting forum and I'm sure people must have thought I was insane, which of course I was, with massive sleep deprivation and all the rest of it. I admire ANY mama that has a blog and manages to post anything other than gibberish. I love your blog lovely and think you should just do what you can, when you can, if you want to! I love reading your posts and I adore your comments - you can say whatever the hell you like to me, it doesn't have to make any sense. At all. xoxoxoxoxoxoox

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I'm gob-smacked that you manage to write an intelligible sentence what with having two wee tinies!! When The Stylist was a baby, I had #3 Son in nappies too, #2 Son in Year 1 and #1 Son in his first year of high school. I joined a parenting forum and I'm sure people must have thought I was insane, which of course I was, with massive sleep deprivation and all the rest of it. I admire ANY mama that has a blog and manages to post anything other than gibberish. I love your blog lovely and think you should just do what you can, when you can, if you want to! I love reading your posts and I adore your comments - you can say whatever the hell you like to me, it doesn't have to make any sense. At all. xoxoxoxoxoxoox