Sunday, 9 September 2012

Looking Back Over My Shoulder

Firstly let me tell you I'm now 21 + 10 years old! Back when I was actually 21, this seemed a looong way off and I had no idea what I'd be like in 10 years time, though I don't think I expected to have a husband, mortgage, 2 kids by now! I wonder if anyone actually turns out the way they think they will?

A few of you asked to see some more pictures of the junior birds, so here's one at least. This was taken in the Walled Garden at Mells, which we visited for my birthday. Shortly after this, oldest son decided to see if apple juice is better worn all down your clothes than drunk.



I recieved a lovely suprise parcel from the delicious Helga last week. It was all the more lovely as she hadn't realised it was my birthday a few days before it arrived. Her witchy powers were at work again!

 Pull along Buzzy Bee toy for the small folk. Apparently Buzzy Bee is a houshold name in New Zealand and every kid has one.

 Patriotic 70s scarf and handknitted (?) gloves/mittens. I'm sure I'll need these at some point this winter!

60s washbag/purse, lovely earrings and fab craft book. Lots of reproductions of 60s/70s patterns from the NZ Woman's Weekly magazine, plus a few modern ones as well. I can dream that I might one day have time to make some of them!

Hope you've all had fab weekends x

10 comments:

Paula said...

Aww your two little ones are so sweet. Congrats on your new arrival.

You have had some lovely treats through the post love the buzzy bee, great colours. and that scarf is just lovely.

No I dont think my 20 something self would see me settled with children, I think I would of probably imagined a much more hedonistic lifestyle.


P x

Helga! said...

You are looking just gorgeous with your progeny!! I suspect none of us ever pictured ourselves where we ended up! But how lovely it is!
I still try and wear what I am eating and drinking! baby Bird has a long career as a messy pup ahead!
XXXXXX

Vix said...

That is one cute photo, the baby birds are adorable and the dead spit of you and Buzzy Bee is gorgeous, what a fab parcel of joy!
I don't even think I could image me still being alive at 45, let alone living with someone I sat next to in infant school! xxx

pastcaring said...

Oh my goodness, Liz, Big Baby Bird is SO like you! And Little Bird is getting big now, look at how gorgeous he is!
Stop it - I am FAR too old to be broody...
Gorgeous gifts from Witchy Helga, love that Buzzy Bee.
I had no clue where my life was going at 21, and I'm still not sure - we'll see where it takes me!
You look beautiful, relaxed and happy and as though this is exactly where you should be. xxxxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Aw those little ones are just gorgeous! And what a fab parcel - love the scarf and buzzy bee! Sarah xxx (Happy Birthday!)

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I love the bee! He's so cute. I'm the same age as you and certain didn't expect to still be living at home with no responsibilities. Helga sent some wonderful stuff - you lucky thing!

Melanie said...

What a lovely family picture xxx

Clara Turbay said...

so cute.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh you and your babies are so beautiful:)). You look absolutely lovely and I do not know how you manage to blog with your hands so full. I don't know how you manage to look so stylish with two littlies - I gave myself a pat on the back if I managed to get out of the clothes I wore the day before and brush my teeth once a day, between feeds, sleepy times, nappy-changing ................ yawn, oh I suddenly feel soooooo tired. Sorry, this probably isn't helping;)) xoxoxo

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh yes!! I really did have breasting-feeding-brain for a second there. I meant to tell you it's true about Buzzy Bees - they're an NZ institution - compulsory kid's toy and very cute - what a darling Helga is to send you a parcel of joy:)) xoxo