Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Wait A Minute Mr Postman

A quick update while the boys are asleep. Four weeks since baby boy arrived and things seem to be going well. We have some sort of a routine going, I at least know roughly when he'll want feeding and he's sleeping lots, though I'm sure that won't last - babies have a habit of changing their routine just when you think you're sorted!

I'm afraid I just haven't had the time or energy to do much blogging or commenting, so apologies if I usually comment on your blog, but haven't recently. Also blogger doesn't always update properly, so do feel free to let me know if I've missed a post!

Lovely Curtise sent me a sweet parcel a couple of weeks ago (check out her Hawaiian maxi dress today). There were goodies for the boys and Mama too!


A printed cotton height chart wall hanging, a retro story book illustrated by Richard Scarry (I had a jigsaw puzzle as a kid with an illustration from one of his books), 2 scarves for me which were wrapped around a child-sized little boy blue cup. I think it'll be a loooong time before either of the boys will be allowed to use it, if at all!

6 comments:

Vix said...

What a fab parcel from the fabulous Curtise! I remember that 365 Stories book from when I was a child! Mum always said I looked at it so much I was a fluent reader before I started school.
Don't worry about commenting, you know I'll always visit regardless!
Glad things are going smoothly. xxx
PS That mobile was from a bootsale!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

What a lovely parcel, I want it all and I don't even have children! X

Helga! said...

Yay for sweet Curtise!
Of course you have plenty on your plate right now,apologies never required!Main thing is that you and the boys are well and everything is running smoothly!XXXXXXXXX

pastcaring said...

Blimey, Liz, you have just created a new human being, you can't be expected to blog as well!
Good to hear that all is well. Just post a pic or two whenever you have the time or inclination, and I will get my baby fix and be happy! xxxxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh Curtise sends the BEST parcels - she has magical powers! Would love to see an updated pic of you and bubba - if you can find two minutes to spare! Big hugs, Sarah xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh how I love RS's illustrations - they're so magical and I just know the boys will enjoy these stories when they can sit still for more than 12 seconds. I've never met a child (or adult) who doesn't enjoy being read to. The cup is utterly gorgeous and yes, might want to put that lovely treasure out of reach for a while;). I hope things are still going well for you. If the sleeping routine becomes a nightmare, I highly recommend The Baby Whisperer by Melissa Hogg. That book had me sorting out sleeping schedules for babies #3 and #4 in the kindest possible way (I hate controlled crying). Big hugs to you lovely:) xoxo