Thursday, 31 May 2012

Jungle Book

This was supposed to be a Ta-dah tuesday post, but I just haven't had time to sit down at the computer until today!

Anyway, here's a round-up!

 Baby Bird's 2nd birthday cake. He's been obsessed with Button Moon for months, so it was the natural choice for a cake. If you've never heard of Button Moon, click on the link to be enlightened!

 Posing in our jungle of a garden! I made the skirt on Sunday afternoon from a 70s (Style 4601) pattern I found in one of the charity shops last week. The fabric is modern and it's been in my stash for about 4 years, waiting to be used. I had a mild panic when the warm weather arrived last week as I only have a couple of warm weather maternity outfits. The shoes I found on tuesday in another charity shop for £2.99.

 Close up of the shoes. They're platform-type ones. Can't tell if they're 70s or something that's been brought back from a holiday as they have no label, but I like them anyway.

The patterns I found last week, 50p each. I found another pile of kid's ones in the same shop this week as well.

I'll leave you with a rendition of the Button Moon theme tune - nostalgia for those that remember it!

3 comments:

Vix said...

Great job on the cake, I bet BB was thrilled!
Look at you in that fabulous skirt, you look like you should be chilling in Miami with the beautiful people, perfect with the purple.
What a haul of patterns, I'm very envious.
Those sandals are from Goa! Great, aren't they? Hopefully the sun'll return and you can wear them! xxx

pastcaring said...

You made such a cute cake for BB! And your maxi skirt is beautiful, I'm envious! Ahhh, look at your lovely baby bump. Why are other women's bumps so gorgeous, I just looked humungous all over!
Beautiful sandals. The sun will return at some point, I'm sure! xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I'm so sorry, I never got a notification about this from inlinkz when you linked it up! I've only seen it going back through my old ta-dah Tuesday posts, sorry, must have seemed so rude! The cake is amazing, I used to love Button Moon xx