Monday, 30 April 2012

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow

Yes, the sun actually did come out for most of the day today, at least in Bristol. The rain has returned now, but it was nice while it lasted.

I've been working on Kids Clothing Week Challenge yesterday and today. I'm rather late to the party as it started on the 23rd of April. I only heard about it a couple of days ago through Joanna at Things Handmade, but I decided to jump in anyway as I need a bit of a push to get sewing at the moment. The challenge is spend one hour a day for 7 days related to sewing clothes for your kids.

I bought a book called Sewing For Boys a while back and this is the first pattern I've tried from it. It's called Easy Linen Shirt and I'm making it from some linen look curtain fabric.

 (Iheartlinen.typepad.com)

Day 1 
In reality I spent slightly more than an hour on the shirt yesterday, but I traced off the pattern and cut it out, ready for sewing up.

Day 2

 I didn't have so much time today, so I just sewed, finished and top-stitched the shoulder seams and pinned in the arms.

Another thrilling instalment tomorrow. Can you handle the excitement? (probably)

2 comments:

pastcaring said...

Well done you! My sewing project pile grows ever larger...
Looking forward to seeing your progress. xxx

Helga! said...

Yay,yeah,I can handle another exciting installment!!
I need all the encouragement I can get to get MY ass into some sewing...I always find an excuse!!!
XXX