Thursday, 19 January 2012

As Yet Untitled...

As you can see, one of this year's goals hasn't done too well so far as this is my first post since the 2nd of January! Mind you, I've been cooking a bit more. We had friends over for dinner on Sunday evening and I did a tapas-style spread, inspired by the River Cottage Veg Everday Book (Christmas Present from Mr R&B). No pictures as we were all too hungry to wait! I'm a big fan of Hugh F-W, but being a veggie means most of his recipies are no good to me. I was overjoyed when the TV series aired last Autumn - I was nearly dribbling at all the gorgeous food I could actually eat!

I've yet to really do anything about the business, but I've managed to clear some of the clutter on ebay which is a good start to the year.

I was going to do some outfit posts, but I'm afraid I'm becalmed in a sea of maternity clothing mediocrity at the moment. However, I refuse to spend the next 6ish months in stretch jersey hell, so this will change soon!

I've mentioned before that the charity shops near me have pretty slim pickings vintage-wise and are usually pretty over-priced, but you do get the odd gem.

Here are two things I picked up this week:

70s? carved wooden plate 50p

 60s Cecil Series 'Continental' table set £3. A couple of the eggcups are a bit chipped, but otherwise it looks like its never been used. Maybe a wedding present to someone?

7 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Pregnancy is time when you can wear whatever keeps you comfy - but you can always pop a super cute vintage brooch and a divine silk scarf on with your comfy stretchies!

That kitchen set is glorious!

Sarah xxx

pastcaring said...

Sarah's right, wear what feels comfy but you can always jazz it up a bit with accessories. How are you feeling?
That little set is fabulous. Have a good weekend! xxx

Helga! said...

Don't know how I missed this post!
I blame Hugh for making me fall off the veggie wagon!I love him,he's just so affable!
I'm so in love with that little set!Adorable!
Oo,so you've seen Marilyn Manson?! I'm not into his music,but I love his music videos!I imagine he would put on a great show.I'd love to one day go to Glastonbury or reading,not that I'm so good with crowds,but those are iconic festivals for us antipodeans!
XXX

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Nowt wrong with stretch jersey when you're pg - nothing else was going over my bump, there weren't tents big enough!

Vix said...

When one of my friends was preggers she lived in stretch jersey and borrowed my bags, jewellery and scarves to "vintage herself up". Sarah's dead right, as always. If you feel comfy you'll always look good. x

Alli Marsay said...

these are lovely!

nik said...

Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
xoxo

http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/