Friday, 21 October 2011

Rocking Out!


Guess what I found in a charity shop the other day. Jesus? Richard Armitage (if only)? No, a genuine Dollyrockers by Sambo dress in my size for £7! I nearly had heart failure on the spot - this is probably my best charity find yet. I have to admit, I didn't try it in the shop and it was a little (ahem) snug under the bosoms when I tried it at home. However, closer inspection revealed that it had at some point (joy of joys) been taken in, so I got to work with the scissors and hey-presto, a perfect fit! Oh, and I haven't got a bun in the oven - it's the way I'm standing!

Scarf - bought in a gallery in Port Isaac in Cornwall, earrings £2 (Salvation Army shop), Dollyrockers dress £7 (local hospice shop), big black ring 50p (car boot sale), grey ring (gift from Vix), velvet lace-up boots £4.99 (PDSA shop).

Off to a jumble sale tomorrow, perhaps I'll find an Ossie Clark or a Biba original? A girl can dream!

Have lovely weekends, whatever you're doing x

7 comments:

Vix said...

What a steal! You look fabulous, just like Janis Joplin in her prime.
Good luck for tomorrow's jumble. xxx

The Vintage Knitter said...

What a fab buy and you look terrific in it. Sending you luck for tomorrow's jumble and I hope that there's an Ossie or Biba lurking under those piles for you!
;-)

delia hornbook said...

What a bargain ;-)) You look gorgeous. Good luck and have fun tomorrow. dee xx

Helga! said...

Holy shit,a Dolly Rockers?! Well scored,my darling,and it's rather fabulous!!! Oooo,you never know what you might find at the jumble,we expect a full report!XXX

Style Eyes said...

what a find. I am inspired! Need to get out charity shopping asap.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh my goodness - what a bargain! And how amazing you could take it out to the perfect fit!

The Vintage Bazaar said...

That dress looks wonderful, what a fab find. So good to bump into you today! look forward to seeing your finds! (again) I am bracing myself for the Vintage fair in Bristol tomorrow.. back up the M5 again. Lizzie x