Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Finally Facing My Waterloo

Spring-cleaning and de-cluttering seems to be turning into something of a life makeover!
I feel somewhat clearer about decisions for the future and what direction to take. I've even decided to try and knuckle down with the housework!
I used to be quite into Feng Shui and similar philosophies, although I moved away from these interests once I started working and having less time. I also feel like I lost a lot of myself in the process of getting married and being a wife and mother, and it seems like only very recently that I'm re-discovering me. I don't know if that's a result of stirring up energies or having an early mid-life crisis as I turn 30 in a couple of weeks!

Anyway, once the house is fully sorted out, it'll free up time for my Etsy shop and hopefully more crafts. I'm pleased to report that I spent a happy half-hour on Thursday night diving into a large box of old clothes - new stock for the shop (although I'm keeping a few pieces for myself). These will be sorted, washed and photographed in all their glory over the next few weeks. I'm also debating whether to take a stall at Shepton Flea market in October. It's £40 for a table plus petrol, but it could be just the springboard I need.

What do you guys think?

7 comments:

Vix said...

Well done! That must feel like a positive step towards reclaiming your life back.
What kind of prices do they charge at the flea market? Have you been before or know anyone whose traded there? If you've got enough stuff to sell which would guarantee to cover your initial costs then go for it. xxx

Miss Magpie said...

well done on all you have achieved already as a life long hoarder I know how hard it can be. I think if you can cover your costs then go for the table at the flea market what another great incentive it could be.

The Vintage Bazaar said...

well done! Spring/Autumn cleaning is on the agenda here too! Hope you are keeping well? Lizzie x

The Vintage Bazaar said...

PS where are you going to be at Shepton Flea???

ted and bunny said...

hiya- just popped over from Jayne's blog and have enjoyed reading your posts.

Good luck with Shepton Flea, October is usually nice and busy so you should have a good day.
Reading your "story", it would certainly be a really good confidence booster.

Autumnal mornings here have brought with them a flurry of sorting and cleaning, must be "in the air"!

xx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I think if you can afford the costs of a table at the flea market you should definitely go for it - it would be such fun and am sure you'd love it once the decision is made.

Helga! said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!
OMG,sweet Li,you've made my week!!! Mrs Slocombe and the extra delights are most welcome and I am ever so grateful,you lovely,SLY and sneaky creature!!!
XXX