Monday, 25 July 2011

The Bangles

It didn't feel right to do this post yesterday after the awful events in Norway and the sad news about Amy Winehouse (RIP Amy), but here's a round up of the last couple of weeks' boot sale finds.

 Crochet and wood bangle 50p, 70s? metal elephant bangle 50p, 
hinged bangle and 70s? metal bangle 75p the pair.

Urban outfitters? peacock bangle 50p. 
I seem to be collecting a lot of bangles at the moment, maybe I'm channelling Vix?!

Scarf clip 50p. I think I'll turn this one into a ring.

Probably my best bargain for a while - MAC pigments £1 each. 
Pretty sure they're the real thing as it was just these five on the stall.

Books £1 each. The fashion book is great - I got it from the library years ago when I first wanted to go into fashion. I actually ended up studying at the same college Patrick Ireland taught at, although he'd left some years before I went there.

 Tights 50p.

Body set 50p.

60s fabrics. Lurex 20p, flowery £1. 
Easily enough to make a maxi dress out of both.

Oil painting £3.

Baby Bird has his first day with his child-minder today, so I have a day to myself. I really need to organise my sewing room, so I'd better get cracking!

Have fun on this lovely sunny day x

7 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oooooh, ooooooh, ooooh! Loving everything you found.

Frocktasia said...

Hi there,
Loving your loot, so many tremendous bargains.
I'm completely stunned & deeply saddened by what happened in Norway. So many bright lights extinguished for one mans dark insular beliefs.
Take care luv,
Jennie
xXx

Vix said...

I hope Baby Bird has a great time at the childminder's, that will be fantastic for both of you, won't it?
Loving the bangles, we have the same peacock one and that macrame one is a real beauty.
There's a man who sells Mac at our car boot, I'm never sure of their authenticity but at the price you paid that's cheaper than Collection 2000 and well worth a punt!
My friends were amazed I went out on Saturday night such is my love of Amy. I just hope she's found peace now. x

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Flippin eck you are a good bargain hunter! Cannot believe all that stuff and the prices too!

The News has been very sad over the last few days! We can only hope that those left to mourn will find peace and comfort in their memories!

EmmaT said...

Ooh, that's made me think about getting back to carbooting...although with a baby in tow and a husband who'll not be happy to see what he classes as junk turning up in the house when we already have lots hoarded (mmmm)

Highland Monkey's said...

Those bangles are lush...hmmm which to choose...I can't they are all lovely!

lasophia said...

WHAT!!!?? Mac pigments for a pound? Sign me up!