Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Five Minute Fixes

A little bit of drama here yesterday - the car failed it's MOT with corroded brake pipes! £230 of your English pounds and it's back on the road for another year. I can't complain too much as this is the first MOT it's failed since I bought it 4 years ago.
Dear Vix wanted to know more about my new job - well, it's really not that exciting, but I'll tell you anyway. I'm starting on the deli counter at a supermarket next week. A little daunting as I've not had a paid job since going on maternity leave last year, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

On to the fix-minute fixes of the title. I made myself do some mending (there is a huge pile) on Sunday and it came to me that by actually getting up off my bum and doing something, I find myself more motivated to do other things - it's a case of keeping up momentum. I'm sure that it's no great revelation to most people, but it takes me a while to get these things into my head!

Anyway, apart from mending a frayed sleeve on a blouse and sewing a button onto a cuff, I finally got round to jazzing up the Brora cardi I found back in February . All I did was cut off the old buttons and sew on some funky new ones, but I like the change.


I also did a bit more cooking today. Again, not anything special, but I have to do things when the mood takes me.

Lentil soup - adapted from a recipe for weaning food but really nice
cooked with more stock and blended down.

Wholemeal bread - I have a breadmaker, but I only use the dough setting and then I cook it in the oven. 
You could build a wall with the stuff that's baked in the machine.

Have fun everyone!

4 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Working on a deli counter? I'd be in heaven surrounded by cheese and olives.
Funnily enough I tackled a huge pile of mending on Sunday, I'm about halfway through now and it was tremendously rewarding.
That cardi looks lovely now and the soup and bread look delicious.
Best of luck, chick! xxx

La Dama said...

congrats on the job amor,I love the new yellow buttons on the cardi.your soup reminds me of my Mamas beans.oooh I always wanted a bread maker. bread looks lovely.
oh, I didnt know your a fellow Tarot card reader.looking foward to your readings.

Helga! said...

Hurrah for 5 minute fixes-they're my favourite kind!
I'm with Vix,working on the deli counter sounds like my idea of heaven!!!Drool!
xxx

delia hornbook said...

Congratulations on your new job. I worked in Sainsburys for 5 years when i had my first child the hours seemed to fit and i worked on the deli counter to i actually really enjoyed it even though i am a vegetarian ;-)) Love lentil soup nothing like home cooked. Have a lovely week, dee x