Monday, 2 May 2011

Making Progress

If you remember my post from a couple of weeks back, you'll know that I've not been in a great state of mind recently. Things are now on the up again, at least emotionally anyway. A lot of my own confusion (I think) has been down to the cluttered, untidy and frankly grimy state of Birdy Towers.
I have to admit that I'm no domestic goddess and I can think of a thousand things I'd rather do than scrub the kitchen floor or fold laundry, but now I realise it's time to grow up and turn this house into a home. The great declutter began with a carful of tat treasure flogged at a boot sale. Ok, I did bring half of it home again, but I did get rid of quite a bit. A couple of hours on Saturday afternoon also saw another 5 bags filled for the charity shop. I've also been trying to get a regular cleaning routine going as well, although that's turning into Spring cleaning. As soon as you clean one thing, everything else looks worse!
I have an added incentive as the in-laws are coming to look after Baby Bird on Friday while I head off to the first Creative Heart and Soul retreat in Northumberland. 
I think I will give the old sage-burning a go when I finish the house off, if I can remember what to do. I used to be a practising Pagan, but now a brief nod to the seasons and a bit of gardening is about as close as I get!

6 comments:

Jen said...

OOh you're going to my friend Debbie's first retreat - so cool!!

Vintage Vixen said...

That retreat sounds wonderful. Well done on getting started with the decluttering, certainly sounds like you need a treat after all that hardwork. xxx

delia hornbook said...

I think a good clear out is always good for the soul ;-)) I just wanted to say Hello and what a sweet blog you have i will pop back again soon. I hate to tell you but i own an original 1950's red domino tea set i will show it sometime soon on my little blog. Have a lovely time at the retreat sounds wonderful, dee x

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

good luck with the decluttering. My mind always feels tidier after a declutter x

uhooi said...

Waw, this is very cool and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

good luck cleaning and decluttering! i actually need to be doing that too...there are so many clothes and crap on my floor right now!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/