Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Here, There and Everywhere - Part 1

Following Monday's post, here's a few words about 'what I did on my holidays'.

Firstly I made my way to Northumberland for a creative retreat with Creative Heart and Soul . Now,  I didn't arrive until nearly 11pm after a complete muck up with the trains. A top tip when using thetrainline.com, double check the nearest station to your destination - I didn't realise there was also a village in North Yorkshire called Otterburn and of course, coming up from the South, the website gave me that one as being the nearest. So I got off the train apparently in the middle of nowhere, only to find that I was in fact, about a hundred miles south of where I needed to be. BIG thanks to Debbie and Kirsty for trying to sort me out! I managed to get a train back to Leeds, then on to Newcastle, where Dawn very kindly collected me after spending nearly an hour driving around the city centre, trying to find the station!

Anyway, once I did get there everyone was lovely and helpful. The room I stayed in was 'Bridie's room', I don't know if that was deliberate of Debbie, as one of my Guinea Pigs was called Bridie. The classes were great and I learned a lot of new crafting techniques both from the teachers and the other ladies on the retreat. Now I just need the time to practice them! We also had a photo session with Kirsty, who is very talented and actually managed to get some photos of me not looking like a muppet for a change.

We had a barbeque on the Saturday night and there was an advantage to being a veggie on this occasion - we got our sausages and burgers first, plus salads, jacket potatoes and veggie parcels. This certainly wasn't a weekend to be on a diet!

I didn't take any pictures at the retreat (wish I had), but I'll certainly share the finished projects with you over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your retreat, it sounds just the thing for some added inspiration. xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh gawd that sounds exactly like the kind of thing I'd do - my speciality is getting off at the wrong stop and then discovering there are no more trains. The retreat sounds wonderful, I really need to organise my time better as there are so many things I'd like to do. At the moment crafting is on the back burner as I've become rather addicted to blogging and all that it entails!

Not sure how I found you - Loo's blog I think - but following now anyway. I used to live in Bristol, great city.

Lakota x

delia hornbook said...

Sounds fantastic ;-)) dee x

Helga! said...

Thank goodness your going a stray didn't ruin your retreat!! Sounds wonderful,and the sort of thing need regularly!
xxx