Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Tatty Buy!

I had hoped to be posting a bit more often after the last time, but having had my mum to stay for a few days and then catching a horrendous cold (I think Helga's cold may have found it's way to this side of the world!), blogging hasn't been top priority this week.

 Anyway, just a couple of finds to share with you today. This sunday I swapped the usual boot sale for a different one that's just started it's 2011 season. A distinct lack of goodies amongst the tables of 'genuine' DVDs for a £1 each and 4 kitchen rolls for a 'pahnd' (why do 99% of market traders have a sarf london accent?!), but I did find this rather sad looking frame for 50p. I plan to tart it up and use it for another project.


The rest of the finds are from my usual boot over the last couple of weeks.

Another vanity case, 80s red leatherette by Constellation £2



50s or 60s Sanderson fabric £1

Necklaces 50p each. My favourite is the three strand choker.

 Blue glass dressing/vanity set. At a wild guess, I'd say it's Art Deco, either German or Czech. Sadly it's a bit damaged, but for £2 I couldn't leave it. It was also covered in old makeup (yuk), but nothing a bit of hot soapy water and a scouring pad couldn't sort out.

 Crown Clarence Ironstone coffee pot, 50p.
The handle is cracked, so just a display piece really.
I think I've seen this design before in Blogland, please let me know if you've come across it.

No outfit post today, I just can't seem to get into the habit. I find it quite hard to take photos of myself. I think I need a tripod for the camera, any tips? The camera is a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 if that helps.

5 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Awww! Hope you are on the way to recovery now! Love the finds especially the case, the fabric and the multi stranded granny beads. xxx
PS Definately strong West Midlands accents here, London wouldn't be understood! x

sacramento said...

Loving all your finds.
Thank you for your visit. I hope this will be the beginning of many others.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alice said...

Such great finds, I adore the vanity case and I am intrigued to see what you will put in the frame xx

The Vintage Knitter said...

Hee hee! Its the same case and your was £8 cheaper - you've beaten me in the bargain stakes! I reckon they date from the 1970s as I had an identical one but in navy in the late 70s. P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog :-)

Mary Poppins said...

What beautiful treasures :0)Thanks for your thoughtful comment, he shall be fine, just the build up to it I guess.

Big hugs xx