Wednesday, 2 March 2011

In Which I Share

Despite 2 jumbles and a boot sale over the weekend, there were no fabulous finds, so you'll have to put up with a 'getting to know you' post today!

Having been invited by lovely Vix to share a few fascinating(?) facts about ourselves, I thought I should for once stop hiding behind the computer screen and tell you a few little things about myself.

1. I hate flying
I've flown 4 times in my life (to Dublin and Italy) and hated it so much I swore I would never get on a plane again. These boots are staying firmly on the ground. Unless I'm in a car or train, but you get my point, right?


2. I took 5 attempts to pass my driving test
Just call me Maureen!


3. I have a scar above my right ankle
When I was about 11 I was litter picking during a PE lesson (because I'd brought a sick note and that was what the warders teachers made you do if you weren't doing PE) and got cut by a broken Coke can. Sadly this was pre-ER (and Real Life), so I just hobbled off to the school nurse for steri-strips.


4. I used to be a Viking (well, at weekends)!
A friend of mine was a member of a Viking re-enactment group and I thought it sounded interesting, so I went along with her to a few meetings. I did get to the point of making an 'authentic' costume out of a pink woollen blanket (don't ask), but when I discovered they liked camping in November I soon gave it up! I did learn one thing though - Vikings DIDN'T have horns on their helmets - a fact I recount to Mr R&B whenever there are Vikings on TV!



5. I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy geek!
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy is one of my all-time favourites, along with classics like Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. I was a huge Star Wars fan, but was so dissapointed with Episodes 1-3. TV wise, I've watched so many series from recent years. If it's got spaceships and aliens, I'll probably love it!


6. I used to live in a haunted house
When I was 15, my family lived in a rented maisonette that was part of a big Victorian house. My mum (who is slightly psychic anyway), my younger brother and I all experienced that 'not alone' feeling on several occasions. My brother also said he'd seen someone (not one of us and we had no visitors at the time) standing by his bed one morning. All I can say is there was definitely something else present in that place besides us!



7. I'm a vegetarian
I've been a veggie since I was 11, which is more than half my life now. I went veggie because I didn't like the thought of animals being killed for food and many animals were kept in terrible conditions at the time. Thankfully things have come a long way in the last few years and animal welfare is much better than it was, but nothing will convince me to go back to meat!




If you'd like to share more about yourself, feel free to award yourself the Stylish Blogger Award!

2 comments:

La Dama said...

Hi,
thanks for visiting and following me amor.
The airplane one was funny.. love Mr. T
My parents also hate flying.
I dont know how to drive thats even worst than you not passing the driving test.
about the spirits..thats one thing we have in common..they pick on me all day..I can sometimes see them but I mostly feel their presence..My sisters do too.
always good to know more blog ladies.

Vintage Vixen said...

You took your driving test five times? That's dedication!
I loved the fact that you used to be a Viking, that's a claim to fame if ever there was one. xxx