Saturday, 12 March 2011

The Green, Green, Grass

Firstly let me apologise for the quietness here. Minor health and mood issues have meant that I haven't really felt like blogging this week, but I'm feeling a lot better now. Hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more regularly from now on.

Now to the subject of today's post: an outfit! We went to a friend's wedding yesterday and this is what I wore. Luckily it all came together as the jacket arrived on Thursday morning.
50s faux fur jacket (£10.51 ebay), 60s suede bag (99p ebay) 
hair styled with a bump-it.
 



Earrings (£1 Claire's Accessories sale), 60s 'Clevaline' dress (£2.50 boot sale), sleeves (made by me), 
bracelet (£1 Claire's Accessories sale), green and gold cuff (about £3 Nomads), 
rings (£1 each ebay), 70s Lotus glitter heels (£3.99 ebay)

I signed up to take part in Me Made March, but this is only the second time that I've managed to post what I've made. The green dress is actually sleeveless so it being March and me being a bit of a chilly mortal, I made up some sleeves to go with it. I sewed them onto a vest top so that I can wear the dress without sleeves if I want to.

A fun night in beckons - tidying our bedroom!

6 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

How fabulous do you look? I love what you've done to that dress.
I have the same earrings but mine were bought in India. There I was feeling all pleased with my quirky earrings and then I saw racks of them in TopShop. Aw, well!!
Enjoy the tidying. xxx

Helga! said...

So pleased you're feeling ok enough to grace us with your fabulousness in dazzling green!Hurrah! x
(ugh.Tidying.)

Serendipitychild said...

Amazing outfit, and what a bargain!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

gorgeous outfit. Love the shade of green. Hope you're feeling better x

Helga! said...

whoops,I accidentally left you off.You're on now!!!
xxx

sacramento said...

Hello, I made a point of visiting and follow all the lovely people who have joined Helgar and me, in this mad an magic adveture.
You have a fantastic blog.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX