Monday, 21 February 2011

The Weekend's Spoils

This weekend I made it to a jumble sale and one of our local car boot sales. The jumble sale was pretty lacking for me - a few sad piles of M&S and similar cast offs, but Baby Bird did quite well as I found him a t-shirt, a teddy bear and a puzzle.

The boot sale was better - a Brora cardi for 50p, a vanity case for £2 and a 70s sewing book for £1. BB got some more clothes as well. I spotted a portable record player - then I spotted a guy picking it up and handing over his cash! How gutted was I? I've been looking for one for a while, but they always go for silly money on ebay. Never mind, perhaps the boot sale gods will smile on me another day.


Metal tray 15p, jumble sale. I love this style of decoration, reminds me of 17th Century Dutch still life paintings.

Vanity case £2 and book £1, boot sale. I'm on the look out for a pale green case like Jem's.

Inside the case. I guess it's 70s or 80s as it's in pretty good condition.

Brora cardi 50p, boot sale. I think I'll have to change the buttons
for something a bit more interesting, though!


I did take a picture of today's outfit, but I couldn't get the lighting to work, so I'm afraid there's nothing to show you! I will probably recreate the look at a later date if you really want to see it.

5 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Well done! The vanity case is great, I love them for storing all sorts of tat.
Is the tray Marks and Spencer? They did an identical range back in the 1980's which I collected as a teen. xxx

VintageVicki said...

Great finds - love the cardi.

Shame about the record player - perhaps next time it will be your lucky day.

maryannlucy said...

What a haul - a Brora cardi for 50p, it was obviously meant to be. Lucky you x

Emma Priest said...

love the vanity case (I have a small collection!), god I love carboots!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

love the colour of that cardi x