Friday, 11 February 2011

TAG: Question Time

As you know, I don't share a lot of personal information on my blog, but part of my 'new' style of blogging is to be a bit less shy, so inspired by the talented (and beautiful) Sandy over at VainGlorySinner, I'm going to complete this questionnaire.

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
I wanted to be a vet for about 4 years, then I saw a programme when I was about 8 that showed the ickier side and it put me off - I was also really scared of cows for some reason and I thought all vets looked after all animals (blame All Creatures Great and Small for that) so I knew I didn't want to do that! Then I decided fashion was for me and throughout school that was what I planned to do. I did start off at art college when I was 16, but I got completely bored of the course as it was too general. After that I did horse studies for a year as I thought I wanted to work with rescued horses, but that didn't work out either as I lost my nerve after a fall! Since then I've not really had any particular dreams career-wise, other than being able to earn some money doing something I enjoy. Haven't quite worked out what though!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FRAGRANCE FOR AUTUMN/WINTER AND SPRING/SUMMER?
Most commercial perfumes give me a bit of a headache as I have a really strong sense of smell (possibly because I'm like Mr Magoo without my contact lenses!), so I don't really wear perfume unless I'm going out with Mr R&B (which isn't often these days). If I do wear any, It's Armani Code for women, which he bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. That said, I'm supposed to be doing a distance learning course in Perfume Blending, but I need to get myself in gear to actually study!

HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR TEA/COFFEE?
I used to hate coffee, but then I discovered that real coffee doesn't come out of a glass jar and I was hooked! I don't drink it that often, but it's a nice treat when I can afford it. As for tea - well, I drink gallons of regular tea, but always with milk and no sugar. I'm also partial to a herbal tea now and again.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST IMPORTANT BEAUTY SECRET?
Smile!

IF YOU HAD AN ALL-EXPENSES PAID VACATION ANYWHERE - WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
That's quite a hard one as there's so many places I haven't been but would like to go to! I don't fly, so it would have to be somewhere you could get to using trains and boats. Australia and New Zealand go without saying, but I would absolutely love to do a tour of the Far East - particularly Borneo and Japan. I would love to see an Orangutan in it's natural habitat before they're extinct in the wild and I'm fascinated by Japanese culture, both ancient and modern.

IF A GENIE POPPED UP IN YOUR LAP RIGHT NOW AND OFFERED YOU THREE WISHES - WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
I'm supposed to say world peace and an end to poverty and hunger, aren't I? Actually, I'd think I'd just wish to be happy and have enough money to be comfortable. Also I'd wish that my family would all be happy and healthy too.

IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER OR DESSERT FOODS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE - WHICH WOULD YOU PICK?
I think probably breakfast, because actually you can eat pretty much anything for breakfast, especially when you explore different cultures.

IF YOU WERE HELLO KITTY - WHAT COLOUR HAIR BOW WOULD YOU WEAR?
Sparkly sea-green, with some fake fur!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE WHEN IT COMES TO MAKEUP?
That I can't get away without cover up as my skin is bad, but everything I try makes me look like I've mixed up chip fat and brick dust, then applied it with a builder's trowel!

IF YOU COULD ONLY WEAR ONE PIECE OF JEWELLERY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE - WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Well, that would have to be my wedding and engagement rings. I always wear them together, so I count them as one. Simples!

WHAT TALENT DO YOU WISH YOU HAD?
Sings 'I wish I could fly, right up to the sky..' for anyone that remembers Keith Harris and Orville The Duck. Actually, to be able to sing properly would be great. I think I sound ok to myself, but in reality I think I'm more like Phoebe from Friends - I sound amazing in my head, but horrible to everyone else!

WHICH PRODUCT WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO REPURCHASE?
I don't think I've found my must-have product yet, although I've bought Soap & Glory's Hand Food handcream and I-Foam shower cream several times.

IF YOU COULD LOOK INTO THE FUTURE, WOULD YOU? - WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW?
I would, but all I would want to know is that my loved ones would be safe and happy. I used to be very into Tarot and astrology, but as I've got older I've realised that you're in control of your own future and it's up to you how it works out.

WHO IS YOUR BIGGEST CELEBRITY CRUSH? - INCLUDE PICTURE
I'm not really one for celebrities (and I find the whole crush thing a bit cringy, to be honest), but I'm rather partial to the lovely Richard Armitage (hope Mr R&B doesn't read this!). My heart beats a little faster when he appears on the tv and he's done quite a bit of voice-over work recently, which has the same effect when I hear it!


WHAT MADE YOU START A BLOG?
Originally, it was jumping on a bandwagon as lots of crafters were doing it, but now it's evolved a bit more and I've 'met' some lovely and very interesting people through blogging that I would never have in real life. I think it's also broadened my mind as well.

I tag anyone who reads my blog, who'd like to share a bit more about themselves.

2 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

What a great read! You should stop being so shy, we're a friendly lot and we love finding out more about you.
Richard Armitage? Now you're talking! xxx

Helga! said...

Ooo,I love question tags cos I'm nosy.
Haven't heard of this Richard bloke,but he does look ever so tasty!
x