Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Presents and Makes

As promised, here are some photos of the lovely things Vix sent me last week. Although we've only known each other a short time, she's picked out a perfect selection for me, thank you darling!

Vix tells me the yellow beads are 60s, and the owl and paisley pendant were jumble finds. Mr Owl needs some minor reconstructive surgery as one of his eyes fell off in the parcel!


The brass hoops are from India and the colourful beaded earrings are 70s.


The brass bangle is 70s and the rings are from Vix's collection.

Way back in November, I set myself a challenge to be Creative Every Day for a week. This little shirt was one of the things I was making and I've finally finished it! I often find I get a burst of enthusiasm to make something but it takes me ages to get round to finishing it off. It's always something silly like the hem or buttons that gets left. Anyway, here it is. I'll try and take a picture of Baby Bird modelling tomorrow.


These cute little shoes are about to be sent off to Oxfordshire as they're a present for my friend's baby girl. Good job I made the 3-6 month size as she's 5 weeks old this week! The shoes are knitted in Rowan Fine Milk Cotton and the pattern is from Natural Nursery Knits by Erika Knight although I found it in Love Knitting For Baby. This isn't a sponsored post, by the way, just sharing where I found the pattern.

3 comments:

Rachel (RooPaprika) said...

What a scrumptious selection. Vix has amazing taste in jewellery.

You made a shirt? Wow!

The Vintage Knitter said...

Gorgeous jewellery from Vix, I bet you can't wait to start wearing them all.

That shirt is great and those shoes are cute too. Thanks for the pattern info, as a friend of mine is having her first baby in the summer and if its a girl, these shoes would be a lovely gift to knit.

Vintage Vixen said...

You are a clever girl. Little Bird's the best dressed babe on the block.
Glad you like the jewellery. The poor owl and the damned Royal Mail! xxx