Friday, 26 November 2010

Creative Every Day -Friday

Today's creation is a much-needed draught excluder. I seem to remember Mr R&B ordered one last winter, but I never got around to it!

The fabric is from a curtain I won on ebay ages ago, it's 'Vermont' by Sanderson, I'm guessing it's probably 60s or 70s by the design. I stuffed it with scraps of fabric left over from other projects, so it's extra green!

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to actually cut into my stash of vintage fabrics, which is daft when you consider they've been bought with the intention of actually doing something with them!

3 comments:

ANGLESEY ALLSORTS said...

Ooooo great minds and all that - I made a 'sausage' excluder thing yseterday... this cold wind gets everywhere!
I made it with some of the left over fabric from my 'new' curtains. I know what you mean though.. its so hard to cut into a big bright pretty piece of fabric!
What are we like!!?

Nice Sanderson print... the old ones are so pretty.

Vicky x

Vintage Vixen said...

Great idea! Our house is crying out for draught excluders. I remember making a sausage dog one at school, it took an entire term. Love the fabric. xxx

Elaine said...

At least this way you get to keep the fabric. It's very pretty.

Love & blessings
xxxxxxxxxx