Tuesday, 31 August 2010

What Now?

I am a terrible hoarder and collector (or a good one, depending on which way you look at it) and as a result the house does have rather a lot of clutter. However, I have a love/hate relationship with all the stuff - it's pretty and I like to look at it, but it creates more work in the way of dusting and most of it will have to be stored away once Baby Bird gets mobile, probably around Christmas time.

I also have shelves overflowing with fabrics (some vintage, some not) in my craft room, not that I've spent more than a couple of hours up there since May (yes, I could still heave myself up there despite being nearly 40 weeks pregnant).

Now, my dillemma is this - do I a) keep everything, enjoy it, but not buy anything more for the time being, b) try and sell it or c) try and create some stuff with the fabric, then sell those items? And if I do try to use the fabric, what do I make? Where do I sell? My forays into craft fairs were pretty unsucessful last year, but it's hard to tell whether that was my products, the venue or the recession.

Answers on the back of a postcard please!

1 comment:

Vintage Vixen said...

I have this dilemma all the time! With clothes I tend to pop them on eBay as a Buy-It-Now and continue wearing them until somebody buys them. xxx