Friday, 29 January 2010

Busy Day

Well, today has been a rather productive day for a change!

After spending most of yesterday afternoon not knowing quite where to begin and not doing anything, I've gone and done lots today.

First of all, I started on some artwork, which I hope to be able to sell a few of. Just a teaser pic here, as it's not finished yet.




Then I cut out quarter blocks for a quilt I'm making from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. I bought this book over a year ago and I'm only just getting round to making anything now!



After that, it was boring housework (wish that was optional!) and then I made some biscuits. I realised that I didn't have quite enough cocoa powder, but never mind - I didn't stick entirely to the recipie anyway. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that, they're just chocolate shortbread instead of toasted pecan shortbreads!



Now, I'm going to have a sit down and a cup of tea!

4 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Sounds like a pretty great day to me! Hope the biccies tasted as good as they look :)

Mel xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

Oh I'm loving your blog! Thanks for visiting mine. I'm following and hoping to get some creative inspiration from you.
Vix
xxx

Michelle said...

well deserved cuppa :o) The biccies look scrummy. M x

RosieP said...

Biscuits look very tasty.

Hugs RosieP x