Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Remember Me


This morning I lost Saba, one of my Guinea Pigs. She had obviously passed away in the night, as I found her curled up in her little house with her friend Bridie standing guard. She was about four and a half, but I think she had a problem with her heart. That was due to be checked out by the vet this afternoon, but maybe it was just her time to go.
She was a timid little thing, and always tiny - I think she was a bit of a runt! Runty she may have been, but she was pretty and a little unusual - a dainty little face, sticky-up ears and odd eyes, one was blue, the other brown. She also had her little crest on her forehead, as you can see.
She's modelling one of Jane at Snapdragons Garden's embroidered badges in this picture.

Sleep tight, little one x

8 comments:

MelMel said...

That's sad.....glad she had a happy life with you. pets are important....

xxx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello
Sorry to hear this. It is so sad when pets pass away, as they are so much a part of our lives. Sending you big hugs.
Denise

BusyLizzie said...

my thoughts are with you, it is always so sad to lose a pet. take care, Lizzie x

Thecraftytrundler said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your guinea pig.We had 2 a few years ago, and both of them were taken from us by either a cat, or fox.
I love Guinea pigs, and wouldn't have more in case this happened again.
She was a lovely pet. at least she had a lovely life with you.

Sharon xx

Shabby Chick said...

Awww I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, I bet she had a lovely life with you.

Hugs, Mel xxx

Elaine said...

Poor little thing, she was such a cutie.
Thinking of you
Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Serenata said...

{{hugs}} Mutual condolences. Guinea pigs are really special.

Thank you for becoming a follower :-)

Felicity said...

sorry for you, pets are like little fluffy family members and its sad when you loose them x fliss x