Sunday, 7 June 2009

Coming Up Roses

Just a few pictures from the garden, taken in last week's glorious sunshine. Some of the roses we've bought or brought from our previous house, which I can tell you the names of, the others were already here, so goodness knows what they are! They're still pretty though.

'Rhapsody In Blue', a purple shrub rose


'Ena Harkness', a deep red climber


'Golden Celebrations', a golden yellow shrub rose


'White Cloud', a shy white climber


A cream climber that covers the pergola


Another climber


A rather large pink rose, growing under the apple tree.

Don't forget to take time to smell the roses this week x

7 comments:

Floss said...

How beautiful. After being in our home for three years, the roses we have planted are beginning to produce reasonable amounts of flowers. Here in the south of France, we've found it difficult to find a white climbing rose that can stand the climate. We were sold one which the vendor insisted was a climber, but it isn't... It's still beautiful, though. Thanks for these lovely photos.

Lucy@Corset Laced Mannequins said...

Hello, gorgeous roses...I love them. Mine have taken a bashing with all the rain we have had but I hope they will look stunning again soon. lovely blog, Lucyxx

Elaine said...

They are such pretty roses, and lovely photos too.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxx

gingerwine said...

Hello!
Thankyou for popping over...and yes I have a go at colouring anything...including little animals..birds etc!

Sorry to rush, just on my way to work!

Bye!!

samxx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello There!
I'm visiting everyone who showed an interest in Afternoon Tea. I have provisionally booked The Bath Priory for 4pm on Friday 17th July. Can you let me know if this suits you? I will need to confirm numbers with the hotel one week before.
I shall post a short blog entry just to make sure everyone has the details!
Have a super weekend.
Denise x
PS: Hats for sure!

gingerwine said...

Hello!
Yes I do do a bit of extra work, so let me know if you would like me to paint your guinea pigs...

Love Samxx

PS Cute birdies on your blog xx
rmbr30553@blueyonder.co.uk

xx

MelMel said...

Thank you for taking the time to pop by...means a lot...BTW your garden looks blooming..x