Sunday, 3 May 2009

Sunday, Sunday....


Well, yesterday was the second of this year's craft fairs in Bath. After last month's miserable showing I wasn't looking forward to it - I didn't sleep much for worrying about it. In the end it turned out pretty well - I was only £7 away from paying for my table. I've yet to see £12 of that as it's for a commission, but fingers crossed it'll all go well.

I've had many a dark moment over the last few months wondering if I'm doing the right thing in trying to get all this going - but yesterday was so encouraging. In just a month, my table looked much more professional, I had carrier bags and I've actually sold some items! Roll on next fair!

Unfortunately I had to turn the job down as I wasn't happy with the contract, but I'll be making the most of the time I've got now. I have loads of ideas for new products - a painted range, novelty cushions and notebooks to name just a few. We're off to Paris in a couple of weeks and I intend to do plenty of 'research' in the flea markets. A few items may also find their way home with me (thank heavens for Eurostar!), which should give me lots more inspiration!

4 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

Have a lovely time in Paris, my favourite place, I honeymooned there, so holds some very special memories :)

Good luck with all your craft fairs too

X

Country Cottage Chic said...

I'm pleased that you are feeling more positive about it now!
Have fun in Paris - lucky you!!

Shabby Chick said...

I hope you're going to get some more rest now the fair is over. And enjoy all the research in Paris!

Mel xxx

Clare said...

Hello glad you found my blog..and now I've found yours! Have a lovely time in Paris (very jealous!)