Sunday, 8 February 2009

Technical Errors

I sat down at my sewing machine today to try and bring you some fantastic handmade creations, only to find that it's been in touch with it's union and is now on strike! It appears to be demanding healthcare benefits as it's not been serviced since I bought it about 9 years ago. Who knew domestic appliances were unionised?

In actual fact, it appears to be a tensioning issue that I can't resolve. Despite a phonecall to my technical advisor (my Mum, in Bournemouth), the issue appears to be terminal and it will have to go to the machine hospital down the road. Annoyingly, my other machine is also playing up, despite being serviced just after I received it from Freecycle last summer. Sadly, I'll have to pull out of the Feb flea market as I don't have the money to fix them or the time to make enough things before the day.

In better news, we're about to take on an allotment. While for many people the waiting list is as long as your arm, we were only on the list for about a month before we were invited to have look at the site last Saturday. We're just waiting for our tenancy agreement to come through so we can get a key. We've had no post since Wednesday due to the Royal Mail cancelling deliveries here because of the snow.

A frustrating time all round!

4 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Oh dear, how annoying! I hope the repair people can fix it quickly. Enjoy the allotment :)

Mel xxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

I would be lost without my sewing machine!! Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to get it fixed.
Good news about your allotment, all we need is warmer weather. Will look forward to see what you are growing.

Sharon xx

Jane said...

Phone me number is on website - if you would like to borrow a machine. I can send a spare one I have by courier if it would help at all.
J
x

sharie said...

Oh my poor machine hasn't had a service for years either! It thinks itself lucky to be oiled. What a shame to have two down a once though.

Can't wait to see your allotment. If you are good at digging you are more than welcome to come and do my front garden as well. Heee, hee.

BTW It's ages since I read the Dragon series, I've forgotten mainly what happened in them now.