Sunday, 4 January 2009

Keep Me Travelling



I thought I'd add this picture of a beautiful 'Angelique' tulip to remind us that Spring will soon be upon us. Now that the shortest day has passed , the Earth turns back on it's axis and warmer days will surely return. DH took this picture a couple of years ago in the garden of our previous house. With luck, this year will be a productive time for us - we've put our names down for an allotment where we should actually stand a chance of getting a plot before we both hit retirement! We also plan to keep a few chickens at home once we've sorted out a suitable fox-proof home for them to live in.

I'm pleased to report that so far, I've spent some time of every day in my workroom. In an effort to kick-start the next phase of Rose & Bird, I've been concentrating on sewing and producing some new items to sell. The results will soon be available.

I've also been scouting out contacts for craft fairs that I can exhibit at to increase my presence and hopefully boost sales. At the moment, I'm waiting to hear back from various organisers, but if any one can point me in the direction of fairs within a couple of hour's drive of Bristol, I'd be very grateful.

3 comments:

Things Hand Made said...

A lovely picture. The days seem to be lighter already! or maybe its the snow!

Redwoodhouse said...

I do hope you get your allotment we had one years ago and loved it. The other allot. holders just love to share their knowledge and plants it was a nice time I really enjoyed it. We have a veg plot in the garden now and it gives us great pleasure, exercise and of course lovely fresh veg. I love gardening and look forward to early spring very much.
Look forward to seeing your creations , stay cosy.
Jan

Lace hearts said...

Hi! Good luck with your crafting, and keep at it. I'm lucky in that the person who's organising mine bought one of my bags and love what I do, but it's just at a local school. The last one she did was apprently very successful so we'll see. I don't think if she was on my case, I'd be brave enough, though I want to do it! We'll see!!! x