Friday, 9 January 2009

I Told You I Was Ill..



In the words of the late, great Spike Milligan. I might be able to croak out a few lines of The Ying Tong Song if pushed, but don't hold your breath!

After one day back at work on Monday, I managed to catch the office lurgy having been germ-free all Christmas. Karma, I suppose for telling everyone how I'd been lucky not to catch it! I've been coping up til today, but had to call in sick this morning, after a bad nights sleep and a killer head cold.

I managed to walk up to our new library this morning and found The New Complete Book of Self-Sufficieny, Choosing And Keeping Chickens and The Victorian House. Looking forward to getting stuck into those later. DH has suggested we could use part of the cellar for the (theretical) chickens to roost in and have a little door so they can go outside during the day.

I must go and get on with some more sewing so that I'll have some samples to show to the craft fair organisers. Luckily, inspiration has been coming through thick and fast this last week or so! Cross your fingers that at least one of them will let me have a table.

2 comments:

Redwoodhouse said...

So sorry to hear you are not well hope all is ok soon. Sounds like lucky little chickens to me.
Good luck with the craft fairs.
Jan

MaryPoppins said...

What fantastic books you have got there

Thank you so much for your vwery kind words, yes I am sure you are right, there shall be a silver lining and whatever happens, we shall be alright :)

Take Care

Mary

X