Friday, 12 December 2008

Anyone Seen my Mojo?


Anyone else have days like that? When you just can't put your finger on the pulse? I am having a serious creative crisis at the moment. I keep telling myself the vintage and handmade thing is where my happiness lies, but I just can't get myself in gear to go and make the damn things! I have so many ideas, but how to a) bring them to life and b) make money from them? The website is my main outlet, but as yet I've had one sale as I'm just no good at promoting it. What I am good at is buying fabric on ebay! The shoestring budget doesn't help (I joke not, it's literally shoestrings).

Hmm, bet Cath Kidston never had this trouble!

2 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

HI Liz
I know it goes like that sometimes! I have had a very "off" week too! Perhaps its the short days.. grey weather.... who knows!
See you at the Flea tomorrow?
Liz

Diana Meade said...

Hi Liz, I know your pain. I struggle to get things going, doing projects for others than for myself. For me "time" is an issue, but my best work comes when I ignore the voice in my head that says, I should be doing something else. I try to work through until I fall in love with what I'm working on and then I can stay with it easier. Good luck in 2009